Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Spalding Gray and Calvin Johnson

It's the time of year when I spend too much time mourning those people I loved who are no longer with us, and thinking of sitting in the Washington Center and watching Spalding Gray perform around 1999/2000 is also making me sad. I'll have to listen to It's A Slippery Slope again soon. I think about all the uncertainties I had at that time, fuck Paxil, fuck unboyfriends, fuck graduation...it was pretty much a time to listen to a wise old white guy with a New York attitude and NPR sensibilities and think maybe, maybe things would get better.

There is a new play based on his writings that has been going on in New York and getting good reviews

And it will be performed at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts in Olympia on April 20 with Calvin Johnson reading and performing an original song he wrote for Mr. Gray. Bravo.

No comments: