Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Okay, not really...but I think this blog should continue to provide evidence that I AM REALLY SHORT!!!!
I did go look at stripper shoes today. I'm thinking the $70 might be a good investment to be able to see bands at some of the shows I'm going to soon. I've started to keep a calendar at myspace to keep track of what I want to go to.
Hmmm, what else, I got a nice bunch of CDs from Stewart today. The new Hulaboy is excellent. Nice solid indie rock pop songs. I havent' listened to the Boyracer, Possum Moods or bonus disc yet.
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Friday, January 05, 2007
1. When I went to summer camp in 1988 I attempted to write down EVERYTHING that happened, to the point of trying to write while hiking around camp. I would have been deadly with phone in blog posts.
2. The first cd I ever won from a radio station was a Mozart CD from a classical station. My friend Jessica's dad wanted to go to the in store promo at Tower Records' Classical Annex on South Street and I entered my name in the drawing on a whim. We were at Tower's regular store when I won.
3. Today was my first day as the token chick at the record store. This is my first record store job.
4. I was in a short lived band called Fuzzy Navel. I ran into Calvin Johnson at a coffee shop a half hour before we were going to play at the Arrowspace and he apologized that he couldn't go see us play because he was recording the Make Up that night. We opened for Fat Day and Whorehouse of Representatives, two of the best bands EVER.
5. I played fantasy baseball last year but slacked off despite drafting people such as Ryan Howard (after the draft! thats the kind of baseball smartiepants I am!!!) . I promise to not do that again.